Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented the Union Budget as per schedule on February 1.
Business Standard presents some key takeaways for the education sector from the Union Budget 2017:
- Two new AIIMS institute in Jharkhand and Gujarat
- Take steps to increase post-graduate seats for medical sciences
- Proposal to launch a system of measuring learning in schools. Emphasis on science education and flexible curriculum.
- Focus will be the 3,479 educationally backward blocks where the government proposes to introduce the practise of measuring annual learning outcome in schools.
- Certain colleges and institutions to be identified and granted an autonomous status based on accreditation.
- Use of DTH channels to link online courses available on the Swayam platform, that will offer 310 online courses, to enable student access high-quality education resource. Click here